OMG 5v technical info

Discussion of all V4L hardware including Batteries, Passthroughs, Chargers, etc.

Postby LadyStrick9 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Morandir835 wrote:Ms. LS9 means that some juices can't handle the higher heat. Nuport wow can go up to 15 watts without scorching for instance, wowboy on the latest batches burns at anything over 10.1w or so. :)

Morandir, so ... if I go get a Voltage Meter, I will be able to tell at what watts the battery is functioning? OK, that's a beginning. I will try to learn the other details slowly.

Thanks so much.

Lady
[color="#000000"]"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'Woo Hoo! What a Ride!'"[/color]
LadyStrick9

Postby LadyStrick9 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Also, where is the information documented regarding heat tolerance wattage for various juices?

Lady
[color="#000000"]"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'Woo Hoo! What a Ride!'"[/color]
LadyStrick9

Postby Morandir835 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Currently there isn't one for every juice Ms. LS9. Know the limits on my go to's, the usa juices, and a few others.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby LadyStrick9 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:49 pm

OK, then maybe you wouldn't mind giving me a "range", if that's possible. Sort of a "warning zone", etc. I would at least know when it's over-charging a battery (and maybe you have done that in previous posts). Just point me in the right direction.

I have been worried for some time that we have an electrical problem in my daughter's rental house. I even had the power company here a few weeks ago. The rep said everything was ok on their side, but suggested I have an electrician inspect the inside. In a period of 11 days, we lost so many electrical things a couple months ago....it could have been coincidence, I suppose. Some were minor, and probably ready for the grave yard, but it seemed too odd. The biggest item was our dryer.

Now I'm wondering about that. Maybe I'm being paranoid.

Lady

ps. I'm yacking too much. Sorry, folks.
Lady
LadyStrick9

Postby Morandir835 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Ms. LS9 best practice to not overcharge the batts is to remove them asap from the charger. A multimeter is the best way to check if your overcharging. :)

Ranges for these juices are-

Smilin premium - scorches at 12.2w on latest batches (lb's)
Wowboy- tops out at 10.1 on lb's
Wowboy Pep- 12.1w
Wow peppermint- haven't found a limit yet, gone as high as 15.6w
Nuport wow- 15.4w
TT menthol- 10.7w

Will post more later, still need to unpack everyone. :)
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby LadyStrick9 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Morandir, I am so very grateful. I will pick the Multimeter asap. Now I have to ask...is that a Hardware device...Lowe's? Home Depot? Ugh, sorry. LOL

Tks.

Lady
LadyStrick9

Postby Morandir835 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 am

You can pick one up at almost any hardware store in the electrical section, some computer specialty shops carry them as well Ms. LS9. They cost anywhere from $15-90+ depending on the quality of the unit. You just want a basic one unless you're planning on doing the hardcore testing. :)
Morandir835

Previous

Return to Hardware