stealth batteries

Discussion of all V4L hardware including Batteries, Passthroughs, Chargers, etc.

Postby lujin4 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:18 am

Whistles wrote:Yeah, Definately stay away from usb charger

*sigh* I hope they update the chargers.... Fire season starts in May and I will need a portable charging solution by then since I will be in a tent 4 days at a time with only a car to charge out of.

The answer is......more batteries :whistle: .. :D
lujin4

Postby plarkinjr » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:42 am

Whistles wrote:Yeah, Definately stay away from usb charger

*sigh* I hope they update the chargers.... Fire season starts in May and I will need a portable charging solution by then since I will be in a tent 4 days at a time with only a car to charge out of.

I feel ya! USB charger takes up so little space, its so handy for being portable. In the car, it seems a slimcharger and DC/AC inverter is a better solution for the batts, but not nearly as portable, when you're hauling all sorts of other gear.
This post may contain subject matter which is influenced by any person I have met or heard of including (but not limited to) Plato, Newton, Copeland, Hawking, Reagan, people on facebook, members of this and other forums, folks with CBs back in the 70's, my coworkers, fellow band-members, and that guy who owns the convenience store down the street. Consider this your blanket citation of all prior works.

http://vapor4life.SlaveToTheMachine.net/Vape4LifeSig_2466.jpg
plarkinjr

Postby Morandir835 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:23 am

There is a trick to using the usb charger on the new batts without overcharging them, but takes keeping an eye on the led. The moment it starts to blink blue at pretty steady rate (the cop car effect) remove the king diamond batt. This puts it at 4.19-4.21v off load range.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby plarkinjr » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:27 am

Morandir835 wrote:There is a trick to using the usb charger on the new batts without overcharging them, but takes keeping an eye on the led. The moment it starts to blink blue at pretty steady rate (the cop car effect) remove the king diamond batt. This puts it at 4.19-4.21v off load range.

Great info! Thanks Morandir835!!

I recently used mine on a holiday road trip.... saw the blinking, and not long after it went solid blue, and the light on the batt flashed.... at which time I immediately disconnected. Now I know to disconnect at the first sign of brief blue flashes. BTW, the slim chargers behave similarly with brief green flashes before going solid green.
This post may contain subject matter which is influenced by any person I have met or heard of including (but not limited to) Plato, Newton, Copeland, Hawking, Reagan, people on facebook, members of this and other forums, folks with CBs back in the 70's, my coworkers, fellow band-members, and that guy who owns the convenience store down the street. Consider this your blanket citation of all prior works.

http://vapor4life.SlaveToTheMachine.net/Vape4LifeSig_2466.jpg
plarkinjr

Postby Morandir835 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:10 am

They do sir, but when they go solid green they haven't overcharged the batt. :)
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Previous

Return to Hardware