slim charger

Discussion of all V4L hardware including Batteries, Passthroughs, Chargers, etc.

slim charger

Postby kat » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:04 am

All of sudden my slim charger does not seem to be working. The light turns green, but battery not charged. It is two years old. Is this the normal life of slim charger?
kat

Postby HarmonyPB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm not sure of the normal life of a slim charger. Have you tried a different battery? Have you tried a post raise on the battery(ies)? How often do you clean the batts and charger? If the batt and charger are not making a good connection for any reason (post too low, dirt in the way, etc.) the charger will show full charge but will not actually charge the batt.
HarmonyPB

Postby kat » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks harmony on. Clean batteries pretty often, but have not cleaned the charger. I will try that. I did try more than one battery.
kat

Postby Natevape » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:01 pm

I was amazed how nasty my charger was when I decided to clean it... and that was only after a month of use.

In my humble (or cynical) opinion, 2 years of life for a charger is pretty damn good these days. It seems like everything is designed to break.

I hope you have a backup charger because having a battery without a charger seems like a helpless situation. Kind of like getting a bottle of wine but not having a corkscrew.

I hope you report back with good news! Hopefully, it's not a goner.
Natevape

Postby Morandir835 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Kat (guessing Ms.?) let us know if cleaning it helped. If it didn't have one more trick you might want to try but it's not a guarantee to work. Have had a slim line since before they were officially released and it still works to this day, but that doesn't mean that they last forever.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby dedi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:34 am

Plz let us know trick.....I am in the same boat as Kat.
dedi

Postby kat » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:57 am

No, it did not work. Would love to hear your trick. Two years is good. Have another one on order, but not here yet.
kat

Postby Morandir835 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Take the charger Ms. Dedi, plug it in, unplug it and flip it over, replug it in, flip it over again, replug, repeat 3 times (when I say flip it over mean turn it around so where when you plug it in the indicator light is on the other side from where it was once you had previously plugged in. So if the light was on the right when you flip it should be in the left). This resets the ic on the charger.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby HarmonyPB » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:06 pm

I hope the new one gets to you soon Kat!

Good luck with yours too Dedi!
HarmonyPB

Postby kat » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks for info. Unfortunately it did not work for me. Hope it works for Dedi. Thank goodness, I do have a pass thru.
kat

Return to Hardware