V4L Zeus battery leaking

Discussion of all V4L hardware including Batteries, Passthroughs, Chargers, etc.

V4L Zeus battery leaking

Postby brettdow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:39 am

Hello, I brought a vapor zeus auto black 900 on the 19/10/13 in my order, it was delivered on the 4/11/13, as I already have 3 other Zeus's I only started using this one the other day, to my disappointment I saw e-juice leaking from the USB port after several hours use. Also I noticed when I went to recharged the zeus it flashed red & green, and now after a day it only shows a red light (no green) 24 hour charge.
After some thought I decided to disassemble to battery to see what the problem was, as shipping cost from Australia to USA and return was not cost effective.
When I lifted the post and plate I found the battery flooded with e-juice and there seem to be a part of the sealant broken under the post.

What I have done so far,
Secure the two wires to prevent breakage.
Blow out the USB port with compressed air.
Left to drain out any excess e-juice (USB end up).
Does anyone have any idea's to get the zeus working again, even if I can get the pass through port working via the USB connection would be okay,

Many thx,
Aussie Brett
brettdow

Postby Morandir835 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:58 am

Brett sir with a leak that bad there's a good chance there's no bringing it back..... What set up were you using with it?
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby brettdow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Hello, I am using 3.5ml tanks. I will let the battery drain and dry out for several days, if all else fails I will remove the battery and USB connection and clean them with Safeclene.
Thx,
Aussie Brett
brettdow

Return to Hardware