Cleaning drip tips in cold & flu season?

Discussion of all V4L hardware including Batteries, Passthroughs, Chargers, etc.

Postby XxxOoo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi all. Any ideas on how to really, really clean the soft and hard drip tips you get with the tanks? I thought about the dishwasher, but afraid they'll slip down through holes in the bottom. I'm coming down with a cold and don't want to reinfect myself, so looking for a way to de-germie them. Can you boil them, perhaps?? Would love ideas! Thanks very much in advance!!!
XxxOoo

Postby Natevape » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:42 pm

I never thought about sterilizing them... maybe that's why I've had two colds this fall/winter season. Ha!

I don't think the dishwasher would be safe as the high temperature of the water would probably warp the tip and definitely mess up the o-rings. I also saw on ECF that soaking them in alcohol is not the best method because it could dry out your o-rings and they could crack.

I would think dipping a Q-tip in alcohol and using it it clean the tip (avoiding the o-ring) and then rinsing them in hot tap water would suffice. But then again, you'd be taking advice from someone who has been sick twice in the past 4 months. :)
Natevape

Postby XxxOoo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Good idea, and thanks for mentioning the o rings, I hadn't thought of that!
Also, maybe you should take some vitamin C!?!?
XxxOoo

Postby Natevape » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:24 pm

Actually, the first cold was a blessing. I was still smoking analogs but the cold was so bad, I didn't even want to smoke. I knew I would want to smoke as soon as I started feeling better so I loaded up on disposable e-cigs. As predicted, I started feeling better and the urge to smoke returned so I started puffing on the disposables. They did the trick so I ordered a bunch online. There was a two week delay on getting my order and I realized buying disposables wasn't sustainable. I made an order from V4L for the Vapor Kings and enjoyed them so much, I ordered the DAV. I've never looked back since I got my hands on the DAV.

Ironically, the disposable ones finally arrived after I placed and received 3 orders from V4L. Those disposables are still sitting in a drawer in their original packaging.

Anyway, due to your post, I will be adding drip tips and smileo tips to my weekly hardware cleaning routine. I usually only rinse them when they have nasty juice build-up in them... shame on me.
Natevape

Postby XxxOoo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Wait, so you're supposed to clean your hardware weekly, instead of ordering new goodies from v4l weekly?? ;)
I haven't quite gotten to the point where this is cheaper yet than analog, but I think I have a good setup now and plenty of juice so the savings will hopefully start adding up!
XxxOoo

Postby Morandir835 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Ms. XxxOoo a soak in a high abv liquor would be the best trick. Remove the o rings before hand though. The alcohol will destroy them.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Re: Cleaning drip tips in cold & flu season?

Postby XxxOoo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Thank you Morandir, sir!!
XxxOoo

Postby HarmonyPB » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Ya'll are too funny!! I like your posts :D

I had the same thought Xxxooo after I came down with something last month. I just gave my DTs a thorough washing by hand and called it good.
HarmonyPB

Postby XxxOoo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Thank you Harmony!
XxxOoo

Return to Hardware