Replacement cartos for tanks

Discussion of all V4L hardware including Batteries, Passthroughs, Chargers, etc.

Postby HarmonyPB » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Just in case you need it before he gets back with you, here is a really good video on it:

[video=youtube;n9Q1x-f5UkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Q1x-f5UkQ&list=UUNZ756tOmqnlyJgGuJNLnyg&index=1[/video]

Btw, all of the videos on that channel are beneficial if you have the gear :thumbs:
HarmonyPB

Postby BadKittyGoodPuss » Sun May 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Does the dual coil 2.0 or single coil 2.0 give the best flavor. I read the first post and I am still unsure. I am mainly using a Zeus, secondary diamond XL and I have a 900 DAV on the way that will become my secondary device.

Thank You ^_^

*Right now I am just using the 1.5 dual coils that came with the tanks, Vapor4Life 3.5ml.
[color="#330000"]
~Rudeness is a weak person's attempt at strength.

~Before embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. ~K'ung-tzu[/color]
BadKittyGoodPuss

Postby Morandir835 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:34 pm

No real answer to that Ms. BadKitty... Comes down to personal preference....
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Re: Replacement cartos for tanks

Postby wallaby » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:25 pm

I recently got a DAV (large 1100mv) starter kit and it came with Smileomizers and a tank. The Smilos work excellent, but the tank delivers nowhere near like the Smilos do, even with the voltage dialed up. Is there a way to tailor my tank to get results like I get from the smilos?
wallaby

Postby Morandir835 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Wallaby (sir or Ms.?) are you getting any increased/decreased vapor production when you adjust the voltage on the DAV? Do you happen to have an ohm meter or multimeter on hand?
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby wallaby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:29 am

Hmm...There is a big difference with the Smilos when the voltage is changed, but with the tank it seems to change flavor rather than vapor production. No matter what the voltage is set at, the tank produces very little vapor. The best result is with full voltage, but even at 4.7v it gives less vapor than a Smilo running at 3.7v.
I tried to get an ohm reading, but can't get a stable reading: I tried 2 different digital meters and they both wander at higher ohm numbers, never going below 2 ohms, so I'm not convinced it's accurate.
wallaby

Postby Morandir835 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:45 am

I'm thinking you got a faulty carto Wallaby...
Morandir835

Postby wallaby » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Ok, I got a better reading from the ohm meter. I was running it on the wrong scale. Anyway, the tank reads 2.0 and the Smilo is higher...at 3.0
The Smilo gets a good crackling noise when I draw, and the tank makes no sound and produces no vapor unless I take several short draws: then I see a bit of vapor, but no sound. This is an automatic battery if that makes a difference.
I ordered up some new cartos for the tank, but I was aiming for the low-ohm units and didn't order anything higher than 2 ohm. Am I safe to assume I will get a better result from a carto with an ohm rating closer to the 3.0 Smilo?

On another issue, my battery is having trouble charging. It seems to work fine, but the charger isn't showing it as fully charged. Yesterday it went totally flat, and it has been on the charger for 24hrs...the charger still shows a steady red light. If I try to use it seems to work just fine, but it bothers me that it isn't getting to the blink or green stage. It is 23 days old.
wallaby

Postby Morandir835 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:31 pm

Have a feeling your multimeter is off by .5ohms. Smileo should be around 2.5, the DC carto in the tank 1.5ohm.

Sounds like a post issue on both fronts (tank and charger). It's not making a good connection with either which is why it's not charging like it should with the slim line or giving the right output to the carto tank. You need to adjust the post slightly, use a sewing pin or the like to push the post up slightly by using the airholes.
Morandir835

Previous

Return to Hardware