Vapor4Love Valentine's Day Contest!

Stop by here for the daily lottery and any other contests that may be running!

Postby BHam » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Make this year’s Valentine’s Day one she’ll remember. Introduce your loved one to the best alternative to smoking – electronic cigarettes. We are giving away five starter kits between today and Wednesday. Entry is simple. Just tell us why the special person in your life should win a Vapor4Life starter kit. Post your story here (be sure to follow the rules below). Five entrants will win one of the following electronic cigarette starter kits:

Vapor Titan Ultimate
Vapor Titan Ultimate
Vapor Titan Standard
Vapor Titan Standard
Vapor Titan Slim

Each prize winner will choose their cartomizer flavor and nicotine strength. Vapor Titan Diamond batteries have a smooth exterior and a bejeweled LED tip. The Vapor Titan Ultimate Starter Kit retailed at $105 has two soft touch Vapor Titan batteries, a wall charger, a carrying case, two packs of cartomizers, a portable charging case, and a USB passthrough. The Vapor Titan Standard Starter Kit includes two soft touch Vapor Titan batteries, a wall charger, a carrying case, and two packs of cartomizers. It’s retail value is $75. The Vapor Titan Slim Starter Kit holds a retail value of $49.95, and comes with a soft touch Vapor Titan battery, a wall charger, a carrying case, and two packs of cartomizers.

Rules
One entry is allowed per person. This contest is being held on several social media platforms, and each person is allowed one entry and may not enter via more than one channel. To enter, tell us the reason(s) why you should win a starter kit and who you will gift it to. After posting their story, entrants must email talktous@vapor4life.com with the URL link to where we can find their entry, along with their preference of nicotine strength and flavor, and shipping address. If you’d like to get sales, news and more straight to your inbox, let us know you want be added to our e-newsletter list. Contest ends Wednesday 2/6/13 at midnight CST. The Vapor4Life team will choose five stories and notify the winners via email on Thursday, February, 7, 2013. We will mail all prizes on Friday 2/8/13 so you can receive them in time for Valentine’s Day.

Good luck!
BHam

Postby Darin McFarland » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 pm

BHam, Can one enter by posting here, or does the post have to be on social media like FB and that one pin-up site?
I put my name to everything I say and do. The Buck Stops Here.
Darin McFarland

Postby BHam » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Darin, right here is perfectly fine. Just email us with the link to this thread to talktous@vapor4life.com.

Darin McFarland wrote:BHam, Can one enter by posting here, or does the post have to be on social media like FB and that one pin-up site?
BHam

Postby Darin McFarland » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 pm

When my best friend told me he was going to try vaping as a wave goodby to analogs, I laughed. I think everyone has tried one of the out-of-the package ecigs being sold almost everywhere, and hated them. My friend smiled and said "no not one of those! Check this out..." He proceeded to show me the Vapor4Life website and the OMG All Day unit with a 6mil, DC tank. I was impressed, but still very skeptical. Not long after that his OMG arrived and had to show it off. The amount of vapor was like nothing I had ever seen from an e-anything before...and the flavor! One 30 second vape session and I was hooked.

I was so impressed with my OMG, and with Vapor4Life in general, that I endeavored to convert one of the most stubborn smokers I had ever met...my wife. I say she is a stubborn smoker because she, like 99% of smokers, has tried almost every nic replacement product known to man, and nothing she tried was as good as a smoke. She is just one among so many who truly loves to smoke. She loves the taste, the sensation, and the overall activity. She, too, has tried many types of ecigs (mostly at my suggestion), and hated them. Last Christmas, based upon my new-found love of Vapor4Life products, I ordered her a Titan kit and some cartos. I joined the forum here (and in my humble opinion, the key to anyone's success at making the long-term switch to ecigs or mods), and was able to address each of her questions and issues with knowledge, confidence, and in a positive, supporting manor. Today, she is a staunch supporter of vaping, and loves Vapor4Life. She uses Titan manual batteries in all three sizes, and a 3.5ml tank with 2ohm DC carto. Because of the flavor, lack of foul odor, and ability to vape almost anywhere, as compared to analogs, she has not touched one of those smelly things for a little over a month now and doesn't miss them one bit.

I have now set my sights on each and every smoker I know. I intend to convert them each, one-at-a-time. My current project, however, is my mother. She has smoked for over 43 years now, and was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. The diagnosis came after her friend found her half conscious and temporarily blinded, at which point she rushed my mom to the nearest hospital 5o miles away. With treatment she regained most of her sight, but is now facing huge life-changes, and quitting smoking has to be at the top of her list.

I can think of no better way to show my love for her than to help her transition from analogs to Vapor4Life ecigs. My mother is one of the strongest people I know (she is the only person I know personally who has been literally and completely run over by a full-sized dump truck and lived. In fact, she walked away with only severe bruises and scratches...) and I believe her best chance to get off of those coffin nails is by making the switch to vaping.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Darin M. McFarland
I put my name to everything I say and do. The Buck Stops Here.
Darin McFarland

Postby BossManBill » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Let me start by saying that I am new to vaping...by a mere few days. I've tried a couple of "off the shelf" products at local drug stores, but NOTHING compares to the Vapor4Life kit that I just bought! I can tell that I am hooked, I have an addictive personality and I am getting that "twinge" when I see a good thing happening!

I'm a 42 year old fireman in suburban Chicago. I've been a smoker since my mid-teens. Otherwise, I live a relatively healthy lifestyle...my occupation demands it. But, my weakness towards tobacco has translated to my spouse and I'd love to see her quit with the help of Vapor4Life. She has sacrificed so much for my career and has given me a beautiful family to be proud of...I would do anything for her.

When we met (in our early twenties) I was in paramedic school and Holly was graduating with a degree in Respiratory Therapy (can you see the irony already?!?). She is from Florida originally, and had planned on taking her career back there after graduation. That is when we met...and that is when she changed her life plans. In a few short months, from March of 1995 until June of '95 we stood together and helped one another through personal tragedies; namely, my father's heart attack and her mother's battle with an abusive relationship. Through that, we knew it was meant to be. So young in love, our internal issues became shared and it drew us together in a way that I only thought happened in the movies. She would not move to Florida after all, and stayed here in Illinois because that is where I was to become a firefighter.

We were married on May 23, 1998 and in October of the next year our son Ryan was born. Holly had worked her way up the Resp Therapy ladder at a major local hospital, and in fact was the Assistant Director of Pulmonary Rehab...a program that she founded through much research and unpaid passion. We had long conversations about family, and the importance to have a full time parent available for our children if possible. We made the decision that she would resign from her career and be a stay at home mom...which is much harder than ANY occupation in the world! To supplement the loss of income, I would take secondary employment.

In the years since then she has, on and off, resumed her smoking. This was a habit that I unintentionally pawned on her during those late nights at the bar while dating. Despite the ill effects that smoking has on inside, I know that it dramatically ages the outside as well. To this day, people are always commenting on how beautiful she is. Nearly 40 now, she still is very youthful and athletic. But recent personal set backs have escalated both of our habits, and I have decided to draw the line. I am getting off the tobacco...and I am adament to help her quit as well. We started our lives together in the midst of personal tragedy, and we will conquer this together as well!

The family has extended beyond our one child. We now have four...two boys, two girls. My secondary career has changed many times, but not enought to sustain this growing brood. Holly has gone back to work, but as a secretary in the school that our kids attend. It works out well, but it's not what she wants to do. She is much bigger than that, but she always puts our families needs ahead of hers. When I mentioned to her about the e cigarettes, and she tried one of my newly acquired Titans, she really enjoyed it. I think she used it more on the first day than I! I told her we would order her a starter kit, but she balked. I know she wants it, but I think she is afraid of spending the extra money right now. With four kids, the money goes out as fast as it comes in. Her health is priceless to us all, and I don't want her to become ill because of a habit that I started her on.

She has sacrificed her home state, her career, and ambitions because she loves me that much. She loves our family that much. And I love Holly that much, that I should write this personal of a story for a perfect stranger to judge. Her life, her love, and our family mean so much to me. I would do anything to get her off of tobacco and onto an alternative that will potentially prevent some of analog's side effects. I would be so proud of her to quit...as proud as she is of me to be doing the same. We have always conquered life together...

Thanks for reading this, and I know that we all have great stories to share. Good luck to all the contestants, I'm sure the mods will have their hands full!

Sincerely, Bill
BossManBill

Postby tamkash » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:31 am

Hello friends. I would like to win a Vapor4Life starter kit for my 22 year old niece. I would think most people in this contest would like to gift a Vapor4Life starter kit to someone who has smoked for ages, but I would like to NOT neglect the younger folks just starting out on smoking analog cigarettes. My niece is in college and they're not very educated on the thousands of harmful toxic ingredients in cigarettes.

They, like all of us once were, are involved in how "cool" they are w/the cigarettes hand in hand w/the new cocktail that they are now allowed to drink. 22 years old... ahh remember the days. E-cigs are not the first thing they experiment on. The young adults are starting out on analog cigarettes and I would like to introduce them to an alternative that might be more appealing to her.

Then, I hope it will spread the word out to her young friends and so on. If I could show her there are more flavors, mods, tanks, nicotine strengths, juices, batteries, etc., this might catch her interest enough to at least give a shot to something that is better. This might be attrative to her. There are support forums in case she has questions, like this one from Vapor4Life, which I really appreciate that she can go to w/questions and guidance if she can't ask me. The opportunities are endless with Vapor4Life, so the starter kit might be just what she needs to get her foot in the door. Something as small a gesture like this, from me, might change her for the rest of her life! The young adults are our future, so this starter kit may assist her health for the better and also help her in making smart decisions in the future.

Since I've tried vaping in Dec. 2012, I've been influencing everybody I know into at the very least trying it. Most people like the options available to them and liked it. If I can't win the starter kit, I intend on saving my money to buy her the Ultimate someday. If I win, then I would be able to immediately provide her w/one. I don't care which one I win (if I do...that is), as long as she has one, so she will not use the analog cigarettes. I expressed the fact that basically the only ingredients in e-cigs are VG (vegetable glycol), PG (propylene glycol), the nicotine amount that you choose and the e-juice flavoring. As opposed to the thousands of ingredients I showed her inside her cigarettes. Just appalling.

I love my niece very much as she is an impressionable young smart adult. I would do anything to help her and I think this is one thing, that I can do for her that she might take to. I'm very proud of her and would be even more proud if she might use me as an example to stop analogs. I don't do very much right, but this is something that I think she would get great joy from and enjoy without the analog's side effects.

Thank you for your consideration and luck to all the contestants too.

A senior member in Vapor4Life's forum taught me PIF (Pay It Forward) when she (HarmonyPB) assisted me by sending me her e-cig items (like tanks, cartomizers, etc) for nothing. ((It's on its' way to me, so I'm not quite sure what nice surprises are in the package)). She set an example to help others for no charge in return. So I'd like to PIF to my niece this starter kit...and not just that, but to one day PIF to others my e-cig items as I get more into it and I collect products, which I may not use anymore in the future.

Thank you for reading this and have a nice day.

Tamara
tamkash

Postby BHam » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Thank you tamkash and BossManBill (also welcome to the Forum!). Please email talktous@vapor4life.com with the link from this thread :) .
BHam

Postby Morandir835 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey everybody, know this is a contest thread so won't do any edits yet, but remember the post here still have to follow the rules. In other words no use of the q word, medical talk, etc......
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby BossManBill » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Morandir835 wrote:Hey everybody, know this is a contest thread so won't do any edits yet, but remember the post here still have to follow the rules. In other words no use of the q word, medical talk, etc......

My apologies. I skimmed through the new users sticky and must have passed over that paragraph. Won't make that mistake again! Only touch a hot stove once! Thanks, B
BossManBill

Postby AudreySchroder » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:22 pm

[color="#FF0000"]Congrats to all the winners! Vapor4Love Contest Winners | Vapor4Life Official Blog[/color]
AudreySchroder

Return to Vapor4Life Contests