Dang, I carry three different devices now.

If you are new, this is a good place to start. There is tons of great info for those new to V4L and the V4L Forum.

Dang, I carry three different devices now.

Postby JJOOHHNN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:42 am

With the weather getting colder I find I can carry a DAV with Smileomizer in my coat pocket. There is room in there for a 650 Auto Zeus and I might break down and get one of those soon. I am still using my old medium sized device when length become an issue. When things get really active and I cannot handle the length and weight of the 14mm devices I switch to a shorty stealth.

I am sold on the Shorty Stealth batteries.

I am going to start accumulating them in Gunmetal Stealth. If the Soft Touch Stealth is ever available in cigar I will jump on that.

I will pick up an Auto Zeus but I am going to stay hopeful that V4L can find away to make a shorter 14mm device that will work with the smilemizers someday.
JJOOHHNN

Re: Dang, I carry three different devices now.

Postby HarmonyPB » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Glad to hear you are enjoying them John! Isn't the gun metal gorgeous?!

Tapatalk and Swype
HarmonyPB

Postby Natevape » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Some proposed solutions: a Batman utility belt, adding cargo pants/shorts to your wardrobe, or (gulp) start wearing a fanny pack. :)
Natevape

Postby JJOOHHNN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Short would never work at anytime of the year, I would be cut up and scarred in a few weeks. In the summer I would have to start wearing a tick collar. Fanny pack snags on too much stuff.

I am using the DAV when resting, thinking about how to so something, walking, or not doing something that active. I am carrying it because I like using it the best.

When things start to get busier I switch to an eGo auto 3.96 nominal 650mah device that is a lot shorter and lighter but I don't like it as much.

When the activity I am doing become really active I switch to the Stealth Titans.

I really do like the DAV with the Smilomiser the best. The issue is it is too long at times due to clearance issues and the weight it too far forward and picks up momentum when I am moving. It gets really bad when the DAV starts to oscillate.

I am hoping someday V4L has something built for the Smilomizer that is shorter so the weight will not be so far out and has better clearance in though quarters.

I will never give up using a cigalike because sometimes it is the only thing that will do. I will not give up on large devices because they are the best when I am not doing anything or working at a desk.

The medium sized stuff is the hard part. :)

I can get by fine with out VV on a medium sized device. I would take a shorter 14mm device that was fixed voltage anywhere from 4.5v - 5.0v, was automatic, and used a Smilomizer in a heart beat if it knocked an inch off the length.

I really like the DAV and I think I would like the Zeus, there is nothing wrong with the DAV automatic at all in terms of quality and use. It is just a bit long to fully take of the role of medium sized device for me. It can partially fill it.
JJOOHHNN

Re: Dang, I carry three different devices now.

Postby HarmonyPB » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Lol Nate!

Tapatalk and Swype
HarmonyPB

Postby JJOOHHNN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I want to make sure no one thinks I am saying anything bad about the DAV because I am not. I really do like it.

Size is just a reality of life for me, iif was not I would not still be use cigalikes. What brought me here was trying to find the best cigalike I can find since at least one will always be in my shirt pocket when I step out the door. It will usually be three of them.

I also always have a 14mm short auto when I step out the door.

Only two things have changed, now I am carrying two 14mm autos, a short one and a long one. The other thing that has changed is I went from usually carrying 3 510 autos to 1 titan stealth and 2 510 autos. My auto Titans is a shorty and a standard and I am not carrying the standard. I have to more short ones on the way so I will soon be all auto Titan Stealth in my shirt pocket.

As long as the weather is cold I will likely be carrying two 14mm devices on me. When Spring hits I want to start to find away to keep using the Smilomizer in a shorter package.
JJOOHHNN

Return to New users section