vapor zeus dual mode battery issues

If you are new, this is a good place to start. There is tons of great info for those new to V4L and the V4L Forum.

vapor zeus dual mode battery issues

Postby rjdemy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:53 am

First of all let me say I love the vapor zeus. Unfortunately the dual mode battery is beginning to act very strange. I will be vaping normally in auto mode and then the battery will continue to discharge after a draw. The smileomizer will begin to sizzle until I unscrew it from the the battery. The whole time the v4l logo led remains lit. If I re-attach the smileomizer it will begin to sizzle again. This seems to last quite a while and the battery around the switch seems to get warm too. Eventually the battery seems to discharge enough to where the led goes out. I can then attach the smileomizer and vape normally for a bit, but then it will begin to operate only in manual mode. And then after a bit, revert back to being on all the time. Very frustrating since this just began happening 2 days ago, and the unit is just over a month old. The battery seems to charge as expected ok, but the operation afterwards is turning into quite a hassle. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.
rjdemy

Re: vapor zeus dual mode battery issues

Postby HarmonyPB » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:41 pm

Welcome to the forum Rjdemy!

Ugh, that does sound frustrating. I haven't played around too much with the dual mode. I'd try switching it to manual to see how it works. Looks like you've already tried charging it, that's something else I would've tried. Normally batts start acting funny like that if there's been any type of moisture introduced into the button area. If nothing seems to fix the issue I'd recommend contacting CS for a replacement. I believe the DM Zeus has a 1 year warranty on them and they may have other suggestions as they may be more familiar with this issue.

Best of luck! Let us know if you have any more questions :)
HarmonyPB

Re: vapor zeus dual mode battery issues

Postby Morandir835 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Rjdamy (sir or Ms.?) have you had any leaking issues with your Zeus?

Have something you can try, but no guarantee it will work. Try blowing violently a few times into the usb end. It's where the switch is technically (well mic for the switch unless they've changed it in recent versions). Could be something is blocking it up.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Return to New users section