Same Forum, New Look

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby StephanieT » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:29 am

Morandir835 wrote:Had to adjust my avatar as well Ms. Stephanie. Had to get the Emperor logo back. :)

NO LIKES!!!!!!!!! :beers: :monkey: :music: :monkey: :beer:

Boooo to the no likes! :) But glad you got yours back!
StephanieT

Postby StephanieT » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:35 am

Ive become addicted to the likes! I keep looking for it and cant find it. Lol. Anyone wanna join the like button addicts club?
StephanieT

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:38 am

I'm in Stephanie!!
XxxOoo

Postby StephanieT » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:40 am

XxxOoo wrote:I'm in Stephanie!!

Lol. Whoo hoo! 2 members! Yay!! :thumbs:
StephanieT

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:50 am

Have been searching to find old posts - looks like the search is only working on new posts since the new forum went live! Searched for replacement, tanks, cartos and only references from the last day came up, since new forum went live. I was looking for one of my fave Morandir Sir's posts where he goes over which carts are best for flavor, th, etc. Apparently it's now lost to the ages :(
Anyway to refresh the search feature to include results from the old forum? I see that as critical functionality for this forum. People come here to search for information.
XxxOoo

Postby StephanieT » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:34 am

XxxOoo wrote:Have been searching to find old posts - looks like the search is only working on new posts since the new forum went live! Searched for replacement, tanks, cartos and only references from the last day came up, since new forum went live. I was looking for one of my fave Morandir Sir's posts where he goes over which carts are best for flavor, th, etc. Apparently it's now lost to the ages :(
Anyway to refresh the search feature to include results from the old forum? I see that as critical functionality for this forum. People come here to search for information.

I am trying to find the thread that you are talking about and I cant find it. I know what one you mean but its hidden somewhere. :(
StephanieT

Postby Darin McFarland » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:23 am

Not sure I like the new look, but I am sure it will grow on me. I don't like the fact that a lot of the old stuff is gone...I had a lot of really cool posts that I like to go back and re-read when my ego needs a boost :P and the loss of some of the other member's posts is truly tragic...a lot of great info was archived on the old forum which was worth its weight in e-juice!

I do however love the fact that I can use the site again!! I have been avoiding it because of the hassle of the pop-ups and bugs that accompanied using the old site and have missed you all very much.

I need the like button!! I respect Morandir, sir, and I refrain from liking his posts (even though I DO like them), but it's nice to know when someone appreciates your contribution and it's nice to give others my appreciation...oh well, I guess we'll just have to fill up the threads with a bunch of "+1's"...

Ahhhh...it's good to be home. :vape:
Darin McFarland

Postby StephanieT » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:30 am

Darin McFarland wrote:Not sure I like the new look, but I am sure it will grow on me. I don't like the fact that a lot of the old stuff is gone...I had a lot of really cool posts that I like to go back and re-read when my ego needs a boost :P and the loss of some of the other member's posts is truly tragic...a lot of great info was archived on the old forum which was worth its weight in e-juice!

I do however love the fact that I can use the site again!! I have been avoiding it because of the hassle of the pop-ups and bugs that accompanied using the old site and have missed you all very much.

I need the like button!! I respect Morandir, sir, and I refrain from liking his posts (even though I DO like them), but it's nice to know when someone appreciates your contribution and it's nice to give others my appreciation...oh well, I guess we'll just have to fill up the threads with a bunch of "+1's"...

Ahhhh...it's good to be home. :vape:

Ok Im gonna have to give you an invisible like on that one!! +1111111111 So does that mean you are gonna join the like button addicts club?
Welcome back! :D
StephanieT

Postby Morandir835 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:51 am

Ms. XxxOoo will this work-

Flavor profile and how it relates to ohms-

When it comes to a vertical coil set up (all V4L cartos are vertical) resistance can completely change the taste of a flavor. The reason for this is surface area of the coil itself. They all use the same gauge wiring (36g nichrome for those interested), which means to add resistance more wire must be used so the carto has a longer coil, to lower just the opposite. What it means if you use a 3.0ohm carto and a 2.0ohm carto (for this comparison only focusing on single coil, will explain dual at the end) at the same exact wattage they will taste completely different. The more surface area you have on the coil the more nuances of a flavor that will come out. The less area the more the dominant aspect of a flavor will out voice the rest. It comes down to personal preference on which is best for any said juice, as with so many things with vaping. Keep in mind the higher the resistance the less potential throat hit (th) and vapor production (vp). 1.7ohms and below are considered very low resistance (V4L doesn't sell any cartos in this category), 1.8-2.7 is considered low resistance, 2.8-3.7 medium, 3.8-4.7 high, and anything over 4.8ohms very high resistance (these are all but extinct since the early days of mods).

As for dual coils they were born back when all fat batts (egos and the like) being manufactured were regulated to 3.2v on load. People wanted more kick out of them so started experimenting with lower and lower resistance. The problem with this was flavor mute. After you go below 2.0ohms on a single coil even the dominant aspect of a flavor starts to dissipate. They put out 1.5ohm SC cartos that while giving a lot of th, completely killed all but some of the strongest flavors. So they came up with the idea of putting two coils in one carto running in parallel. This would give the flavor profile of a medium ohm coil, with the vp and th of a low resistance coil. That's why a 1.5ohm DC carto and 3.0ohm SC carto will have very similar flavor profile to each other at the same exact wattage.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby BHam » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:54 am

XxxOoo wrote:Have been searching to find old posts - looks like the search is only working on new posts since the new forum went live! Searched for replacement, tanks, cartos and only references from the last day came up, since new forum went live. I was looking for one of my fave Morandir Sir's posts where he goes over which carts are best for flavor, th, etc. Apparently it's now lost to the ages :(

Taking a note of this and will pass this along to Ryan.
BHam

PreviousNext

Return to Vapor4Life News