Smilomizers.. Really ??.

Discussion about V4L's signature Wow Cart and Cool Cart lines of cartomizers.

Re: Smilomizers.. Really ??.

Postby RoccoV » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:59 am

http://www.gumbrand.com/assets/item/regular/Soft-Picks-Original-80-pk.jpg I use these to keep the gunk out of the air tube on the Smileos and cartos. Good luck and hope this helps.
RoccoV

Postby Morandir835 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Alex sir you can clean that gunk off with a paperclip with 90% survival rate. Just requires some patience. Will make a video how as soon as one of my smileos clog. :)
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby icratt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:35 pm

I knew the seniors would jump in :D Harmony, do you think the tanks are a better idea? Do they have similar blockage issues? Thanks for the tip Rocco. Should I be soaking them in alcohol or Isopropyl for better results. And Morandir sir, I would love to see your video (although I wouldn't wish the clogging onto anybody). :beers:
icratt

Postby Morandir835 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Tanks have a different clogging issue Alex sir. The carto will eventually clog up leading to leaking issues.

Alcohol does help, but never use isopropyl. That can damage your lungs.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:00 pm

So, I love the form factor, but my problem is that whenever I vape with smilomizers, it really tastes like I'm vaping a smilomizer. There is some rubber/fluff taste that rubs me the wrong way. The plain cartos, and more so tanks have a much cleaner taste, IMHO.

I also find they clog up too easy. Will try Rocco's idea.
XxxOoo

Postby HarmonyPB » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Alex Szécsényi wrote:I knew the seniors would jump in :D Harmony, do you think the tanks are a better idea? Do they have similar blockage issues? Thanks for the tip Rocco. Should I be soaking them in alcohol or Isopropyl for better results. And Morandir sir, I would love to see your video (although I wouldn't wish the clogging onto anybody). :beers:

Tank vs. smileo is really a personal preference. I find they both have their uses, pros and cons. I prefer tanks for my all day every day vaping. The replacement cartos are cheaper. I like not having to fill my cartos every so often to make sure they don't burn (I'm lazy). With the tanks juice is constantly fed into the carto as you vape and you can see when the juice is getting low so you know when to refill (I'm a visual-type person). I'm not a chain vaper and I vape about 1-3ml a day so one tank lasts me 2-3 days without a refill. I carry 3 tanks around with me and I can forget to refill them for a whole week and never run out (I'm very scatter-brained and forgetful :o ). I use smileos when I travel by plane because the air pressure changes will dump a tank and when I'm traveling I don't want to worry about anything. I want something I can stick in my pocket and go, refill when I get back to the hotel and they're ready for the next day. The Zeus and smileos are perfect for that IMO.
One of the cons about tanks, you're carrying around juice so if there's a leak or a crack or a busted o-ring there are mls of juice wasted all over your pocket/bag and anything in the vicinity. In the 2 years of using tanks I've had this happen once and it was during use so it only got on my hands, pants and PT. So I've had pretty good experiences. As Mr. Morandir said tank cartos also clog and burn like any other carto. It depends on the juice you use and your vaping style, plus the random dud carto.
That's my :twocents:
HarmonyPB

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:03 pm

HarmonyPB wrote:I use smileos when I travel by plane because the air pressure changes will dump a tank and when I'm traveling I don't want to worry about anything. I want something I can stick in my pocket and go, refill when I get back to the hotel and they're ready for the next day.

Speaking of flying, do you carry on or check your PV & supplies? Extra liquid? Any issues with TSA with a filled smilo (or any other accessories?) I agree a tank would be a mess on a plane. Was thinking that a ciga-like would be least likely to confuse the TSA agents.
I'm planning our annual pilgrimage to New Orleans for Jazz Fest.... I haven't flown since I started vaping. Based on your posts from your recent trip to NO, it seems like i should be able to buy some stuff down there.
XxxOoo

Postby icratt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks for your help and recommendations team. I reckon it must be time to try one of the Dual Coil Metal Tanks. Which means I'll need a bunch of Dual Coil Replacement cartomizers (why is there no bulk price like Smilos?). Harmony, do you have a preference for Resistance? When they say " lower ohms will decrease battery life", does that mean it needs to be charged more often, or that the battery will die sooner? Sorry for being such a pain. :confused:
icratt

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Hi Alex!
Have a peek at this post from the brilliant Morandir:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5551&p=80912&hilit=Ohms#p80912

I like higher ohms because I'm less likely to scorch juice, and I feel like I get deeper flavor.
However, if you're looking for TH, go lower.

Good luck! At least the replacements for tanks are way cheaper than Smilomizers!
XxxOoo

Postby icratt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:43 pm

Thanks XxxOoo, as usual Mr Morandir Sir provides clear explanations. It's a shame that V4L doesn't have a "knowledge base" where principles, product info, tips and techniques are stored in the one place. :beers:
icratt

PreviousNext

Return to Cartomizers