Blanks vs. re-filling pre-fills

Discussion about V4L's signature Wow Cart and Cool Cart lines of cartomizers.

Blanks vs. re-filling pre-fills

Postby JesseJosiah » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:55 am

Can anyone educate me on how well refilling prefills works? If the flavors don't match but they mix well does the performance hold up? And if the pre-fill is completely flavorless can I rescue it with some new liquid?
JesseJosiah

Postby Darin McFarland » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Can anyone educate me on how well refilling prefills works?

Yes, I believe most of us here could. :D

If the flavors don't match but they mix well does the performance hold up?

That depends on dry the you let the pre-filled carto get before you add more fluid. Usually it will work just fine. Back when I was doing this, I got anywhere from 3-7 refills out of a pre-filled carto.

And if the pre-fill is completely flavorless can I rescue it with some new liquid?

Generally speaking yes. At the very least it's worth a few drops of ejuice to try!

Hope that helps!

Happy Vaping!!
I put my name to everything I say and do. The Buck Stops Here.
Darin McFarland

Postby HarmonyPB » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Back in the day I had this great idea to buy prefilleds and refill them with juice so that they were nicely labeled. I never had much luck though. The prefilleds never performed as well or lasted as long as blank cartos. But that may have been user error.
HarmonyPB

Postby Amraann » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 pm

I had some minor success with re-filling pre-filled carts.. it was some what of a hassle to me and I prefer tanks now.
Amraann

Postby CrueLworLD » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Back when I vaped prefills I refilled a few of them. If you change the flavor you won't taste the true flavor of the new juice.. but it did work for me. Just make sure you don't vape the prefill dry. I didn't do it much though, and started just buying blanks. Now I don't even mess with those carts once I discovered tanks, smileos, drip atties, and clearos. Give it a try, you should get at least 5 fills on a prefill unless you burn the polyfill.
CrueLworLD

Postby JesseJosiah » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:24 pm

what are drip atties and clearos? im like a noob in the headlights :D
JesseJosiah

Postby ico » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:43 pm

I'm still waiting for my tank cartos and smileos to dry. I tried a tank carto last night and it just wouldn't draw. I was able to salvage 2 of 3 mL. :( I did place an order last night, but V4L hasn't even processed it. :( So that's what I'm doing right now, refilling a coffee wow cart. Hope it holds.
V4L HOW-TOs are very helpful (click here)...
Can't find it fast enough? The forumers are awesome! (click here)
ico

Postby JesseJosiah » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:11 pm

rooting for you ico!

:starwars:

btw, just cracked into black licorice cart that came with my sampler...i was dreading it but morbidly curious. NOT BAD! i am blown away lol
JesseJosiah

Postby Morandir835 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Jesse sir clearos are a type of carto that uses horizontal coils, V4L doesn't sell them because they have issues with higher voltage. Drip atties are atomizers you put a few drops of liquid in then vape, repeat. :)
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby JesseJosiah » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:22 pm

gotcha. neither sound like they're my speed :P

can't wait for my order to come in! I took your advice and got some blanks to practice with, but went ahead and ordered a tank and smileo anyway :D
JesseJosiah

Next

Return to Cartomizers