Looking for a menthol flavor

Discussions about V4L's lines of e-liquid including Premium Nobacco, Wow Vapor, and Nobacco Juice USA.

Looking for a menthol flavor

Postby AirborneDave » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:02 am

I'm having trouble finding a menthol flavor that satisfies my cravings for menthol analogs. I used to smoke Newports and Marlboro Menthol Blacks. I have tried the Traditional Menthol juice and the WOW New Menthol, and they taste more minty than anything. I'm looking for something with a strong tobacco taste with the cool mint flavor.

Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and found a V4L liquid that satisfies or discovered a "recipe" of mixed juices that they love.

Thanks!
AirborneDave

Re: Looking for a menthol flavor

Postby K9luvr » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:22 am

I think many menthol vapors like the Smilin Special Menthol. You might give it a try. And they have a nuport like flavor, New Menthol (I believe), which will taste different than the WOW version. Hope this helps.
K9luvr

Postby RoccoV » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:33 pm

ABD sir, In a recent conversation with our Guru Morandir Sir, he mentioned Wowboy and if I recall his description correctly it sounds like it may fit the bill. I have not tried that one yet but it's on my wishlist.
RoccoV

Postby mbottema » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:05 am

I am an ex Virginia Slim smoker and the closest thing I've gotten to it has been Smilin Menthol. It has more of a tobacco flavor than a minty flavor. But I like all the others. Apple is pretty good too, but it is not a traditional menthol, it is definitely a green apple.
mbottema

Postby m&p » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:15 am

Wowboy Peppermint is a great "smokey" menthol, probably my favorite for daily use...
m&p

Postby AirborneDave » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:14 am

Thanks for the help :)

I'll try the Smilin Menthol first and go down the list
AirborneDave

Postby Junenox » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:58 pm

I was a menthol analog user for a very long time and my favorite menthol vape was and still is Wow Smilen Special, mind you it doesn't taste like an analog, but it is a good alternative.
Junenox

Postby K9luvr » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:57 am

Junenox wrote:I was a menthol analog user for a very long time and my favorite menthol vape was and still is Wow Smilen Special, mind you it doesn't taste like an analog, but it is a good alternative.

Good point. Many people try to replicate an analog menthol taste, which is never gonna happen. Once you realize the taste is gonna be different, it makes it a new challenge to find what tastes good.
Life is Good
Dogs Make it Better :-)
Author Unknown
K9luvr

Postby Fierymermaid » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm a menthol lover (Camel menthols and I crush the ball for more menthol) and my favourite is Wowboy Peppermint. It's actually the only flavour I've found anywhere that I like enough to NOT smoke cigarettes. For reference, I tried the menthol sampler from here and tried a few menthol and mint flavours from local shops. I even prefer it to my Camels, actually. However, if I run out...nothing else satisfies and I buy cigarettes. I need a jug of Wowboy Peppermint, I think. :lol:

I wouldn't say it has a super strong menthol taste, but it hits your throat like a menthol cigarette. It's not overwhelmingly peppermint, either. Finishes with a hint of sweetness from the chocolate undertones...I'm absolutely obsessed. I find I enjoy a bit of sweet when I vape. The straight menthol flavours taste a wee odd to me after vaping them for a while. They go dull or it feels like vaping vapor rub or something.
Fierymermaid

Return to E-Liquid