Smilomizers.. Really ??.

Discussion about V4L's signature Wow Cart and Cool Cart lines of cartomizers.

Postby BHam » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:15 am

CannMan, some of us use a push pin or a paperclip to lift the screen up. It won't do any damage to the Smileo. You may get some juice spitting up through the mouthpiece though. Let us know it this works for you :) .
BHam

Postby HarmonyPB » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Welcome to the forum CannMan!! Thanks for the info. Glad to hear the smielo and Zeus are working for you.
HarmonyPB

Postby Jezebeldaddy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:09 pm

dg1, I have tried everything to be able to continue justifying the use of Smileomizers, but I have had exactly the same experience and been through 12 in less than 8 weeks. I have spoken with Gabe at V4L about my problem and he replaced 5 of them at no charge and told me that I needed to drip 20 drops wait 5 minutes follow with another 20 drops and then an additional 10 drops, wait 15 minutes then use. I have been very careful to keep them topped off before they got too dry as well. Same results...they don't last and for the price I'm over it.

I too love the design and performance of the Vapor Zeus auto with a Smileomizer, but I can use a Kanger Pro Tank Mini on an $8.00 automatic 1300mah battery for days before I have to replace the $1.00 coil in the Kanger, so as much as I love the Zeus and the Smilomizer's feel and (initial) performance I can't continue to spend top dollar for a tempermental product that simply doesnt last.
Jezebeldaddy

Postby Amraann » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:19 pm

You can use a tank on the zues.
Amraann

Postby zeus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm having similiar problems with my smiliomizers the first two I got with my zeus one still works the other was a dud. Ten more arrived in the mail 2 were duds of the other eight they lasted me about 2 weeeks and now I'm out of smiliomizers and trying to find. Something different then the smiliomizer to go on my zeus

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
zeus

Postby plaster » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:52 pm

I don't use a syringe to fill my smileomizers, I use the drop method. The instructions say to add roughly 70 drops on the first fill. I find that using the needle style bottles, the number should be adjusted. I usually don't count, but this morning I did. I'd add 20 drops then spin. I managed to add 120 drops before seeing any hint of over-saturation. This is the small smileomizer.

Yes, I realize I started almost every sentence with "I". :P

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk
plaster

Postby Morandir835 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Jezebeldaddy (guessing sir) this is why tell people never use drops as a measuring stick. A big part of your issue could be from under-filling the smileos. The only way the drop math work is you need to put 3 1/2 times as many drops into a smileo as you would a standard carto (how they came up with 70 drops). Because of the drop size variance from person to person it's impossible to say how many you should put into it.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby HarmonyPB » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:05 am

Welcome to the forum Jezebeldaddy!

I've also never used drops. I just dump juice into it until it fills the air tube a little in the bottom (with the bottom condom on). Then I squeeze juice back into the bottle until the air tube is clear. Vape away all day and refill once a day or more if I feel the flavor drop off. My previous smileos lasted a month or more. I just started a new smileo because all the others were so burnt that the clear juice ran out of the bottom a not-so-attractive brown color. I can't really report on this one yet as I've only used it for 2 days now.
HarmonyPB

Postby johnny5 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:57 pm

This is a really good topic. After going through a couple DAV's, I finally got the vapor zeus dual mode and have figured out how to not destroy it yet (no deep cycling, only using as a PT when I have to, letting the smileo completely dry before vaping, etc.)

Now my only issue is the smileo. I'm a light to moderate vaper at work, and a heavy vaper at home. I just spent 4 days at home for Thanksgiving and my large smileo got completely clogged. My smileos don't always last a week, but they usually last longer than 3-4 days. I've been trying to underfill the smileos to avoid any battery damage, but maybe I should go back to overfilling. And I will try using multiple smileos at once so they don't get too hot. Any other tips for extending the life of the smileos is appreciated. I think one drawback of the Zeus and it's strong voltage and vape is that it burns up the smileo.
johnny5

Postby mbottema » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm not a senior member nor a senior vapor. I started vaping in August and switched to V4L in Oct. I only use a Zeus and only use smileomizers and I am a moderate to heavy vaper. I go through a 30ml bottle every week. I rotate 3-4 smileos with juices only from V4L both pg and vg types. I refill as needed throughout the day as soon as I get my first dry taste and never let them burn.
After about a week, I start rotating them to the "to be cleaned" box and once I rotate them all I have cleaned them and dried them. Since October I am still using the ones that originally came with my starter kit and have only had to throw one away. The one I threw away flew off when I was using a taryn spin to dry and it broke (not sure if it lost the coil, but I think that was the problem), anyways it didn't work.
I still have seven new ones sitting in a drawer because the seven I rotate are still going strong. My first couple of orders brought me to 15 smileos. 14 now on hand.
Once again, I only use Zeus and smileos and it's never given me a problem not caused by me. Love them and recommend them to my friends.
But I ordered a couple of tanks in my last order, and they haven't arrived yet. The only reason I ordered them was because a friend wanted to try them so I thought I would try one as well and we combine our orders.
mbottema

PreviousNext

Return to Cartomizers