Smileomizer Screens

Discussion about V4L's signature Wow Cart and Cool Cart lines of cartomizers.

Smileomizer Screens

Postby Natevape » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:54 pm

I recently bought two small blue DAVs (compared to the large and XL DAVs, they look so cute) and ordered the matching blue smileomizers. These were the first smileomizers I've received that came with a screen above the polyfill.

I remember seeing in another post the recommendation to remove the screen if you were using thicker liquid which wasn't my issue. My issue was I couldn't see if the polyfill was still saturated enough or needed topping off after some usage. I simply removed the screen to solve that problem.

I can only see the practical application of the screens to keep unwanted stuff from getting into the polyfill (e.g. lint from pockets) but I haven't had that issue yet. My question is do these screens really serve a purpose that people find useful or is everyone just removing them?
Natevape

Postby HarmonyPB » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:18 pm

I love my little 650 Zeus :D It is cute!

I still haven't gotten any with screens on them. I'm interested in what others have to say. I imagine I'd just remove them if they bothered me. If not I probably wouldn't bother.
HarmonyPB

Postby K9luvr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:25 am

Nate, I just remove the screens, I haven't found any reason to keep them on.
Life is Good
Dogs Make it Better :-)
Author Unknown
K9luvr

Postby K9luvr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:27 am

Nate, just remove them. I always do.
Life is Good
Dogs Make it Better :-)
Author Unknown
K9luvr

Postby Morandir835 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Believe they were added to help block saliva from getting into the smileo Natevape sir from chewing on the tip. Know most people I talk to just remove them before use though.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby Natevape » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:48 pm

I see. A saliva/drool guard. I guess nobody wants to vape their own saliva. Pretty gross to think about.

Maybe I will experiment with the next one I use and leave it on. However, if it truly does work and there is a small pool of saliva on top.... I will be totally grossed out and have to reevaluate my vaping technique.
Natevape

Return to Cartomizers