Smilomizers.. Really ??.

Discussion about V4L's signature Wow Cart and Cool Cart lines of cartomizers.

Postby ico » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:14 am

30 ml a week? Dang. I go through 30 ml in a month, and my wife thinks I vape too much. Haha.

Not having much luck with the cleaning. Neither smileos nor tank cartos are as yummy after my cleaning. :(
V4L HOW-TOs are very helpful (click here)...
Can't find it fast enough? The forumers are awesome! (click here)
ico

Postby HarmonyPB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:10 pm

Welcome to the forum Johnny5! I love your name :love:
I would definitely recommend overfilling rather than underfilling. It is my understanding that the Zeus (and possibly DAV?), while not sealed, is improved so as not to die as easily from juice leaks. Now, if you leaked enough into it I'm sure you'd damage something. What I do is overfill and then suck out the excess so that there's no risk of leaking but also less risk of burning (from a dry carto). The smileos (as with all cartos) can be burned from chain vaping though. So if you chain vaped it for 4 days that may be why it burned instead of it just getting dry. If you vape faster than the juice can reabsorb near the coil then it will dry out in just the right place to burn while there is still plenty of juice in it. I agree with Mbottema's method of rotating. That is generally the recommendation for chain vapers. If you have 2 smileos with the same juice in it then you can just keep swapping them so that one isn't overworked and burned. Best of luck!

Experience is experience Mbottema! I'm glad you jumped in!
HarmonyPB

Postby Morandir835 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Short Circuit is a classic Ms. Harmony. :)
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby HarmonyPB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:27 pm

It was one of my childhood favorites :D
HarmonyPB

Postby mbottema » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:34 pm

ico wrote:30 ml a week? Dang. I go through 30 ml in a month, and my wife thinks I vape too much. Haha.

Not having much luck with the cleaning. Neither smileos nor tank cartos are as yummy after my cleaning. :(

Wow, I thought I was a normal heavy vaper. Now I'm scared I vape toooooooo much.
How much does the average heavy vaper vape when they just start vaping? (Tongue Twister?)
mbottema

Postby HarmonyPB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 pm

:lol: Average heavy vaper? I have no idea. I know people that can go through 15-30ml a day! I consider myself a light vaper at 30ml a month. Don't be scared. Whatever works for you, that's what you should do.
HarmonyPB

Postby mbottema » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Whew :thumbs: maybe I vape so much because I work from home and then only work with customers about 25 hrs a week. So I can vape up pretty much anytime I like.
mbottema

Postby Morandir835 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Average heavy vaper Mbottema sir is around 6-7ml's a day. Light vapers are under 1ml-2ml a day, moderate 2ml-5ml, anything over that is considered a heavy vaper. As Ms. Harmony said there are some heavy vapers who average 15-16ml's and go as high as 30ml's in a single day.... :)
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Re: Smilomizers.. Really ??.

Postby icratt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:45 am

Getting back on topic, I'm having issues with my Smileomizers as well. I love my Zeus and I love the Smilos, when they work. I'm a heavy vaper, so the wow/cool carts are good for sampling only.
In the past few weeks, I've killed three Smilos and am nervously waiting for a further ten to arrive.
My problem is that they seem to get blocked and make for a very difficult draw (I'm not a trumpet player). After soaking in near boiling water, I've tried clearing them with very thin wire with mixed results.
When I dismantled the duds, I noticed the heating wire looked 'fried' (carbon?). I'm reluctant to push through this blockage in case it destroys the Smilo.
I rotate my Smilos often, only use V4L juice, don't let the battery get too hot, don't let the Smilo dry out... I'm trying to do everything right.
Not particularly interested in Tanks or other brands, I just want my Zeus to work like the first day that I got it.
I've got some friends to buy a Zeus Starter Kit, but I'm afraid they won't be as patient as I am.
I suppose my question is this... can the Smilo be safely dismantled/cleaned to clear blockages? Video demo? Over to you Senior Members (Sir). :rolleyes:
icratt

Re: Smilomizers.. Really ??.

Postby HarmonyPB » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:39 am

Welcome to the forum Alex!
Unfortunately I would say that there's no way to dismantle the smileos without destroying them in the process. From the sounds of it you've tried everything I would've suggested to remedy your problem. The only recommendations I would have are keep buying smileos and make sure you are stocked up or switch to tanks, but you said that you aren't interested in that one. Best of luck with your new smileos. I hope they last longer!
HarmonyPB

PreviousNext

Return to Cartomizers