Slowly building one step at a time to ten.

Discussion of all V4L hardware including Batteries, Passthroughs, Chargers, etc.

Slowly building one step at a time to ten.

Postby JJOOHHNN » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:24 pm

I have been accumulating Stealth Gunmetal shorties a bit at a time with a goal of ten.

These are not my full time vape but I carry them in my shirt pocket and when doing physical stuff. I want to have enough to last me until I return home then I use the bigger stuff.

I am slowly accumulating 5 chargers as well.

I really really like these little batteries.
JJOOHHNN

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:31 pm

I love them too. Those are the ones I take out into the real world, keep the big batts and tanks at home.
XxxOoo

Postby JJOOHHNN » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:39 pm

I have been making the eroll people angry with me on the other forum.

They keep saying the eroll's are the hardest hitting and I list off three that have that are more potent with the Titans being the most potent.
JJOOHHNN

Postby ico » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:30 am

Got a Zeus and a DAV.
Y'all now have me wanting ten of each. Oh my. ;)
V4L HOW-TOs are very helpful (click here)...
Can't find it fast enough? The forumers are awesome! (click here)
ico

Postby RoccoV » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:00 am

Properly used and maintained Ico a single Zeus and DAV should last you at least a year even being chain vaped. But I understand over buying and variety is the spice of life. It's mainly because of the very low Mah rating of the stick batteries, I went through a VT xl in less than an hour with my vaping habits. I went through two shorties completely during the halftime show of the super bowl last year. LOL
RoccoV

Postby JJOOHHNN » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:33 am

I am not a collector or random accumulator. I just have found many things that don't work for me and a few that do.

The reason I get the stick batteries I find it impossible to vape while doing some physical activities. There are some days that I will burn 6k-7k calories in a day.

I never use a cigalike indoors except for testing.

I have my desk setup which I like the best but the items are too heavy and no suitable for vigorous activity.

I have my medium sized set ups that are more portable than my desk units and I can do light duty hands free.

I have my cigalikes that I use when length and weight mean everything. I found myself going back to analogs when I couldn't use my larger device.

It it the cigalikes that brought me to V4L.

I leave the house with a mix of 510 automatics and Stealth Titans. The number of 510s carried is dropping as the number of Titans I have on hand increases. I am carrying 5 cigalikes in a shirt pocket and one or two medium sized devices elsewhere.

I will also have devices for when resting or light duty. I carry a DAV in a coat pocket but it is for when I am basically taking a break or doing light duty. When you get moving it has too much momentum. During some activities a longer device will start to oscillate and it makes my jaw really sore after while when trying to bite down and hold it hands free.

Again outside of testing you will never catch me using a cigalike while setting down in a chair.

I match my devices to what I am doing.

I tend to use the largest device I can manage comfortably but sometimes comfortably is short and light.
JJOOHHNN

Postby RoccoV » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:29 am

John sir, My post was nothing more than a statement of technical specs. It was not a critique on anyone's choice of device or vaping habits. The only important thing is what keeps someone off of the analogs. I do not really care what others use, only what works for me. We have a member from OZ that owns well over a 100 sticks, why, because that is what she likes and works for her. I'm glad you have found what works for you and I'm sure that V4L appreciates your business. Enjoy your day!

PS: I certainly do not need a PM telling me that your post was a reply to my post, I'm not obtuse.
RoccoV

Postby JJOOHHNN » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:04 am

RoccoV wrote:John sir, My post was nothing more than a statement of technical specs. It was not a critique on anyone's choice of device or vaping habits. The only important thing is what keeps someone off of the analogs. I do not really care what others use, only what works for me. We have a member from OZ that owns well over a 100 sticks, why, because that is what she likes and works for her. I'm glad you have found what works for you and I'm sure that V4L appreciates your business. Enjoy your day!

PS: I certainly do not need a PM telling me that your post was a reply to my post, I'm not obtuse.

Sorry, when you mentioned the low mAh and explaining how long the DAV and Zeus would last I thought you were being critical of my choices. I have run into that a lot and quite a few people have told me I would be better off with something bigger.

For others.

It is not the weight on my person that makes it hard, it is the weight between teeth. I carry a lot of them to make up for the lack of mAh. I can carry a lot of weight on my person. :)
JJOOHHNN

Postby K9luvr » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 am

Jjoohhnn, you will rarely find anyone on this forum who will post just to be critical. The people here genuinely only want to be helpful, and since the level of knowledge/experience of our users varies, so do there explanations. Thank you for publicly posting your apology to RoccoV.
Life is Good
Dogs Make it Better :-)
Author Unknown
K9luvr

Postby JJOOHHNN » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:48 am

K9luvr wrote:Jjoohhnn, you will rarely find anyone on this forum who will post just to be critical. The people here genuinely only want to be helpful, and since the level of knowledge/experience of our users varies, so do there explanations. Thank you for publicly posting your apology to RoccoV.

Thanks, I am used to the other place. :D

Some people there don't seem to understand wanting three different classes of device for three different reasons. :)

You can tell them you already have a 14mm device and looking for a 9.2mm device and some will tell you you don't want that and then to get what you already have. :P
JJOOHHNN

Next

Return to Hardware