New bottles no good for me.

Discussions about V4L's lines of e-liquid including Premium Nobacco, Wow Vapor, and Nobacco Juice USA.

New bottles no good for me.

Postby Steve B » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:37 pm

I use VG which I guess is a lot more viscous than PG. It takes the strength of a gorilla to squeeze VG from the new bottles with their very thin tips.

I drilled the hole in the tip much bigger and I can now squeeze the juice out okay. The new bottles are also stiffer than the old ones. After filling a tank, the side of the bottle stays dented in. I can easily work the dent out though.

I have a bunch of empty old bottles. I may pour the contents of the new bottles into the old bottles. In the meantime I'll use the tip with the drilled out hole.

If anyone wants to know if I like the new bottles, well you probably guessed, NO NO NO, but I'll manage to get by.
Steve B

Postby HarmonyPB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Steve! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the new bottles :( Glad you saved the old ones though!

Did you read the warning about the tip popping off? Be very careful putting too much squeeze pressure on the bottles. I've heard that the tips can sometimes pop off and your juice goes everywhere.
HarmonyPB

Postby Steve B » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:47 pm

I did read about the tip popping off. Thanks for reminding me. I guess I've been lucky so far.
Steve B

Postby Morandir835 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Welcome to the forum Steve B. Sorry you're not getting along with the new bottles and the all vg juice, though can't say I'm surprised. 100% vg juices require a 18g needle at the least with syringe filling, the new bottle toppers are closer to 20-22g....
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby Batavia » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:48 am

Glad to read about the 'pop-off' possibility, since I just this week received an order with the new bottle......I, too, have a half dozen empties shoved into the back of my vaping equipment drawer.
Semper Fidelis
Batavia

Postby HarmonyPB » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Glad I could help Batavia. I have also been lucky not to experience this myself, but once I read it I've been scared and take extra care not to let it happen.
HarmonyPB

Postby BHam » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Can confirm those fears. Tried filling a tank in a hurry and juice went everywhere including my in my eyes. So be VERY careful :) .
BHam

Postby Steve B » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:08 pm

I think I have successfully tamed the new bottles. I drilled out the small hole in the nozzle. It squirts VG pretty well now.

I used a 1/16 inch drill bit. Most drill bit sets contain one. They are the first to break, so maybe that one is missing from your set. ;)

I didn't use a drill, I used a pin vise which is turned by hand. You might be able to do it with a power drill, especially if it turns slowly.

Pin vises:
Amazon.com - Professional Quality Brass Pin Vise - 4 Collets Chucks 0.0mm to 3.0mm
Amazon.com: SE - Pin Vise - Double Mouth, Reversible Chucks, 0-1/8 - 841DH: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

These bottles with the long thin nozzle might have other uses. When I get an empty one, I will try it with an undrilled nozzle for placing a drop or two of isopropyl alcohol just where I want it.
Steve B

Postby K9luvr » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:22 pm

SteveB, I have experienced the 'pop-off' with the new bottles - it's a mess. I have also been saving my old, empty bottles and refilling them from the new bottles, cuz they are just too much work, IMHO.
Life is Good
Dogs Make it Better :-)
Author Unknown
K9luvr

Postby ico » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:19 pm

I'm still using a syringe, and actually like the new ones. Nozzle goes straight to the garbage, let the jusice steep, and the mouth is wide enough not to impede the syringe. Good stuff.
V4L HOW-TOs are very helpful (click here)...
Can't find it fast enough? The forumers are awesome! (click here)
ico

Next

Return to E-Liquid