Same Forum, New Look

Same Forum, New Look

Postby BHam » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Hey vapers! I just wanted to let you know, that yes, the V4L Forum looks a little different, doesn't it?

We've had many reports of pop-ups and some spam on the Forum and first and foremost, I want to apologize to everyone for having to deal with it for so long. Well, today, our new Tech guy, Ryan, decided to fix everything, and here we are! Way to go Ryan!! So it make take some time to readjust to the new look but I'm sure you all will adjust just fine ;).

Also, please give me feedback on how the Forum is performing or if you all see any whacky stuff! You can reach me directly at brandon@vapor4life.com or PM here :).
BHam

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby StephanieT » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:34 pm

I, personally, dont know if I like it. Im hoping its not completed yet. The Avatars arent showing up and the Tapatalk app isnt working. Im also hoping that you plan on still using the Tapatalk app???
StephanieT

Postby StephanieT » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Ok I realized why the avatars arent showing up, you have to re-add them.

Edit: K never mind. 6kb is very tiny and I cant get my avatar small enough.
StephanieT

Postby XxxOoo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:57 pm

It will take some time to get used to, but I like the new look and feel. Looks like there are some new features too. Change is tough, but think this will turn out well! Thanks V4L Tech Team!!
XxxOoo

Postby StephanieT » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Got it! Whew that was tough. I had to have my eye pic back! I love the eye! It will take some getting used to. Hopefully all the bugs stay away.
StephanieT

Postby StephanieT » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Wait, where is the like button? I know that is going to make Morandir happy but I like to like his posts just because I know he doesnt like to have his posts liked... He he he. :P
StephanieT

Postby ico » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Certainly loading faster, and no problems so far.
And smileys are back.
:thumbs:

PS: No more "Like" though? :question:
ico

Postby RoccoV » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:06 pm

StephanieT wrote:Wait, where is the like button? I know that is going to make Morandir happy but I like to like his posts just because I know he doesnt like to have his posts liked... He he he. :P

I hear ya Ms Stepanie! I'm going to try a smile and pic attach and the reply with quote works. :thumbs:

RoccoV

Postby Morandir835 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Had to adjust my avatar as well Ms. Stephanie. Had to get the Emperor logo back. :)

NO LIKES!!!!!!!!! :beers: :monkey: :music: :monkey: :beer:
Morandir835

Postby XxxOoo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Noticing one annoying thing, all the URLs have changed, so my bookmarks to helpful posts are dead. Also links within posts to previous posts are broken... Like when someone asks something that's been written about before and we link to the previous posts. :mad:
Is there any way to add redirection logic if a user clicks on a link with the old forum URL posts to replace the old domain with the new one? Or is the URL layout different now?
Will search for all Morandir sir's helpful reference posts again in the meanwhile :)
XxxOoo

Next

Return to Vapor4Life News