Same Forum, New Look

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby Natevape » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:48 pm

StephanieT wrote:Are you gonna be a member of the like button addicts club too?


Yes... that's why I "casually" posted the link to the user manual with the instructions to enable the like feature. :D

I won't use it on Morandir's posts, though. I didn't know you were opposed to it, Morandir sir. Forgive me for liking your posts in the past.
Natevape
Senior Member
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:35 pm
Location: Illinois
 

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby StephanieT » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:54 pm

Natevape wrote:
StephanieT wrote:Are you gonna be a member of the like button addicts club too?


Yes... that's why I "casually" posted the link to the user manual with the instructions to enable the like feature. :D

I won't use it on Morandir's posts, though. I didn't know you were opposed to it, Morandir sir. Forgive me for liking your posts in the past.

Yay more members! He doesn't get mad. He just feels it takes away from the social aspect of the forum.

Sorry you are so stressed Harmony! Hugs!
User avatar
StephanieT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4420
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:53 pm
Location: PA
 

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby Natevape » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:12 pm

HarmonyPB wrote:I'm extremely stressed atm and I don't think I can handle this right now. :(


Hahahaha! I can't tell if you are serious or not. If you are having a forum meltdown, I think I have answers to a couple of your issues. When you sign in, go to the "User Control Panel" link and do the following:

HarmonyPB wrote:I get emails every time someone posts to a thread that I somehow subscribed to and I don't know how to stop getting emails or unsubscribe to these threads. :wtf:

On the Overview tab, you will see an item on the left side to "Manage Subscriptions". You can unsubscribe from them there (hopefully).

HarmonyPB wrote:I don't know where my avatar is in order to reapply it. :(

Go to the Profile tab and then "Edit avatar". I don't know if you were talking about finding that or the image file on your computer.

I hope things settle down for you soon.
Natevape
Senior Member
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:35 pm
Location: Illinois
 

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby Morandir835 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:42 am

Ms. Harmony sorry for all the stress. Know if it's a lot take in but once you get the hang of it the new forum isn't that different from the old one. Your avatar needs to be resized to 60 by 59 to show up.
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
User avatar
Morandir835
 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:20 pm
Location: MD
 

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby HarmonyPB » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Hugs back Stephanie :)

Natevape wrote:Hahahaha! I can't tell if you are serious or not. If you are having a forum meltdown, I think I have answers to a couple of your issues. When you sign in, go to the "User Control Panel" link and do the following:


I'm completely serious :( RL stuff is just too much atm and trying to figure out a new forum just wasn't happening yesterday. I'm a little better today.

Natevape wrote:On the Overview tab, you will see an item on the left side to "Manage Subscriptions". You can unsubscribe from them there (hopefully).

I hope things settle down for you soon.


Thank you :) And thank you for all the tips! Lol!! It says I'm not subscribed to any forums. But! There is a note I didn't see. I have "watched" forums and it tells me at the top how to "unwatch" them. And lol! I don't know where my pic is at on my computer. I moved a bunch of stuff off C: and did some reorganizing. I have time today so I'll go on a treasure hunt!

Morandir835 wrote:Ms. Harmony sorry for all the stress. Know if it's a lot take in but once you get the hang of it the new forum isn't that different from the old one. Your avatar needs to be resized to 60 by 59 to show up.


Thank you sir. And thank you for the dimensions. I will see what I can do.

Oh, a note on the FB likes. Doesn't that post it to your FB page saying "This person liked this"? That's how I imagine it works.

Btw, I can manually multi-quote :D And after edit #4 I think I got it right...
User avatar
HarmonyPB
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9625
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: Houston, TX
 

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby HarmonyPB » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:33 pm

OMG!!! I Have 12 pages of watched threads!! This may take a moment...Thankfully there is a check all button!
User avatar
HarmonyPB
Senior Member
 
Posts: 9625
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: Houston, TX
 

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby BHam » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:16 am

Sorry to stress you out Harmony. Admittedly, I feel a little of the same stress because my usual routine has been disrupted and I'm still adjusting. I'm working with Ryan to see if we can get this new look and feel as close to the old look and feel as possible but with the same speed.

Besides the still annoying spam posts, are pop-ups happening for anyone? Does the forum still take awhile to load?
User avatar
BHam
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:47 pm
 

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby StephanieT » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:37 am

No pop-ups and No slow loading. Loads really fast with No issues here. Any word on the Tapatalk app? Thanks.
User avatar
StephanieT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4420
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:53 pm
Location: PA
 

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby BHam » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm

StephanieT wrote:No pop-ups and No slow loading. Loads really fast with No issues here. Any word on the Tapatalk app? Thanks.


Tapatalk support is in the works for Ryan :). Thanks for your patience Stephanie!
User avatar
BHam
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:47 pm
 

Re: Same Forum, New Look

Postby StephanieT » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:48 pm

BHam wrote:
StephanieT wrote:No pop-ups and No slow loading. Loads really fast with No issues here. Any word on the Tapatalk app? Thanks.


Tapatalk support is in the works for Ryan :). Thanks for your patience Stephanie!

Thank you! Im trying to be patient. Its not one of my strong points. :D Thanks for working on it. I appreciate it.
User avatar
StephanieT
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4420
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:53 pm
Location: PA
 
 
PreviousNext

Return to Vapor4Life News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests