Manual DAV button sticking

Discussion of all V4L hardware including Batteries, Passthroughs, Chargers, etc.

Manual DAV button sticking

Postby XxxOoo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:16 pm

I got a new small manual DAV for my husband for Xmas, and occasionally the button sticks down and stays lit. It seems like it stays lit for a few seconds - until the cut- off. Is this common? Any way to fix it? The problem is that the juice seems to scorch when you aren't pulling on it when the button gets stuck. Using a 3.5 tank, with Wow cola nobacco juice.
XxxOoo

Re: Manual DAV button sticking

Postby HarmonyPB » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:43 pm

Sorry to hear it Xxxooo :( I've never played with a manual DAV so I don't know its quirks. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out. Or you can contact Bham and I'm sure he could get you a replacement.
HarmonyPB

Postby Morandir835 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:26 am

Ms. XxxOoo have you tried giving the button a massage? Know it sounds weird but it usually fixes the issue...
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:15 am

I have not tried giving it a massage - but I will now! Will let you know what happens :)
XxxOoo

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:47 am

Also, thanks Harmony & Morandir. You guys are the best. :)
XxxOoo

Postby HarmonyPB » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Lol! I didn't do anything, but you are very welcome :D Good luck with the massage!
HarmonyPB

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:50 pm

Harmony: you responded with an option because you a caring, helpful person who will try their best to help out even if you aren't aware of the exact answer. So, there :P Plus now we both know the ancient, mystical art of battery massage!
Morandir: it seems to be working, it's been behaving all day today. Thank you!!!
XxxOoo

Postby HarmonyPB » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:33 pm

XxxOoo wrote:Harmony: you responded with an option because you a caring, helpful person who will try their best to help out even if you aren't aware of the exact answer. So, there :P Plus now we both know the ancient, mystical art of battery massage!
Morandir: it seems to be working, it's been behaving all day today. Thank you!!!

Huh, I didn't think about it that way. Honestly I was just bumping your thread so someone might see it through the spam. But thank you, you are too sweet :o

Glad to hear it worked! I guess everyone/thing needs a good massage every once in a while ;)
HarmonyPB

Postby XxxOoo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Amen to that!
XxxOoo

Postby Morandir835 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Glad it worked Ms. XxxOoo. :)
"I know that I am hard to love, I know that I ask for far too much, but we get what we ask for sometimes, and sometimes we miss the mark. We miss the mark..."- ilyAIMY "the MARC"
Morandir835

Return to Hardware